I am pleased to announce that after much hard work my solo exhibition titled Wanton, Wild & Unimagined will be going ahead. This is a travelling exhibition organised by Umbrella Studio Contemporary Arts, toured by Museums & Galleries Queensland. This project has been assisted by the Australian Government’s Visions of Australia program; and supported by the Visual Arts and Craft Strategy, an initiative of the Australian, state and territory governments.
Wanton, Wild & Unimagined is a playful exhibition of sculptured recycled plastics that stirs the imagination and evokes environmental reflection. I have spent many hours manipulating the humble plastic bottle, and collecting thousands of plastic lids to make a variety of unimagined and impossible creations inspired by plants, oceans and John Wyndham’s book ‘The Day of the Triffids’. For more information on this travelling exhibition go to the NETS Australia website or the Museum & Galleries Qld website.
For further information here is a comprehensive Education Kit available to download as a PDF. The exhibition will travel to 13 galleries around Australia (8 in Qld) from December this year until August 2019.
The participating galleries and dates include:
- Warwick Art Gallery (with Jumpers & Jazz in July), QLD: 4 Jul – 19 Aug 2019
- Redland Art Gallery, Cleveland, QLD: 3 May – 16 Jun 2019
- Moranbah Coalface Gallery, QLD: 1 Dec 16 – 28 Jan 2017
- Pine Rivers Heritage Museum, QLD: 3 Feb – 9 Apr 2017
- Noosa Regional Gallery, QLD: 24 May – 11 Jun 2017
- Hervey Bay Regional Gallery, QLD: 23 Jun – 30 Jul 2017
- Maitland Regional Art Gallery, NSW: 9 Sep – 3 Dec 2017
- Hurstville City Library, Museum & Gallery, NSW: 20 Jan – 13 May 2018
- Port Pirie Regional Art Gallery, SA: 22 June – 5 Aug 2018
- Signal Point Gallery, Goolwa SA: 15 Aug – 30 Sep 2018
- Arts Space Wodonga, VIC: 2 Nov – 1 Dec 2018
- Childers Art Space – Backpackers Hostel Memorial, QLD 8 Mar – 24 Feb 2019
- Dogwood Crossing @ Miles, QLD: 8 Mar – 30 Apr 2019